Destination DC has launched a new video series for travel agents to further understand and encourage their clients to Discover the Real DC. The educational and emotive video series provides varied perspectives of what makes the US Capital so unique.
The Discover the Real DC campaign, launched last year, encourages travel agents to look beyond the city’s political reputation when packaging up Washington, DC holidays and look into the cities vibrant neighbourhoods for experiences that showcase nature, music, art, theatre, nightlife, culture and cuisine.
The new educational videos come in a 5 part video series taking travel agents on an unexpected journey with local storytellers from all walks of life.
- Washington, DC is a River City– Trey Sherard, a biologist and guide with the Anacostia Riverkeeper organisation, takes viewers on the Anacostia River and to Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens and Yards Park.
- Washington, DC has Musical Roots– Contemporary hip-hop artist and DC native Christylez Bacon breaks down DC’s music scene and its history and visits Howard Theatre and Eaton Washington DC.
- Washington, DC is the City of Trees– For an in-depth look at Rock Creek Park, DDC enlisted Melanie Choukas-Bradley, a naturalist who made her career exploring the urban oasis.
- Washington, DC is an International Community– Owner and founder of the ZAAF Collection, Abai Schulze, details DC’s spirited Ethiopian culture and community.
- Washington, DC has a Craft Culture– One Eight Distilling’s Alex Laufer and Sandy Wood take you through Ivy City, a walkable Washington, DC neighborhood filled with distilleries and a community of craft spirit makers.
The Real DC videos can also be viewed on YouTube here:
Committed to educating and supporting Australian travel agents, Destination DC is also planning on launching a Washington, DC hosted training program for travel agents to be launched in March, 2020. training program will be incentivised with famil visits, rewards and specialist badges.
For further information on visiting Washington, DC see www.washington.org
Washington, DC General images
Please contact Lizzie Doyle (email@example.com) to request an authority form that is required to be completed to gain access to video or B/Roll.
Destination DC, the official destination marketing organization for the nation’s capital, is a private, non-profit membership organization of 1,000 businesses committed to marketing the area as a premier global convention, tourism and special events destination with a special emphasis on the arts, cultural and historic communities.