In these times of social distancing when we are encouraged to stay home and stay safe, we can still dream, right? Nevada brings you some of our favourite places to visit in the Silver State to inspire you for future travel. Check out beautiful open areas, explore museum galleries or listen to a ranger talk about astronomy — all virtually.
In the state’s north check out…..
Live webcam watching the flowing river at the Truckee River Whitewater Park, downtown Reno.
- Explore the geologic history of Lake Tahoe, via this video from the Tahoe Environmental Resource Center in Incline Village
- A virtual ride on the Heavenly Mountain coaster here.
- Lake Tahoe interactive 360-degree Google Trekker pictures of hiking areas.
- The story of reclusive millionaire George Whittell’s Thunderbird Lodge, including a 600-foot tunnel around the property, built back in the 1930s. History and a photo gallery here.
- Go Tahoe North offers a network of live webcams, including views of Incline Village.
Meet Carson Valley residents who love their home in “How to Virtually Experience Carson Valley Until You Can Get here For the Real Thing.” Virginia City
- Meet the people and learn about the places in this historic mining town through these “Below the Surface” videos.
- Virginia City’s live webcam on its main street.
Interactive 360-degree photos of places along the Kit Carson Trail Walking Tour, a stroll through the historical section of Carson City.
Loneliest Road in America
- Travel the stretch of Hwy 50 through Nevada, known as “The Loneliest Road in America” from your lounge room through this video from Pony Express Territory.
- Enjoy photo albums of communities and events from Pony Express Territory here.
Visit Ely’s Renaissance Village, featuring 12 small houses made into mini-museums exploring the different cultures that converged in this town, in this 360-degree video.
Great Basin National Park
Ranger talks on topics ranging from astronomy to bristlecone pines here (scroll down past park alerts)
In the state’s south check out…..
- Cirque du Soleil offers several videos on its hub, including a special one-hour video showcasing three of its productions: “O” (at the Bellagio in Las Vegas) and international shows “Kurios” and “Luzia.”
- Five artists interpret the Vegas experience in virtual reality.
- “Vegas at Home,” a series of short video performances by Vegas performers. The first was a magic show by Westgate performer Jen Kramer.
- Dig into the history and culture of Las Vegas through archived stories from the Las Vegas News Bureau.
- The Mob Museum’s Interactive microsite on Prohibition, including a game.
- The Mob Museum’s exhibit of the St. Valentine’s Day Massacre.
- Archive of the museum’s past programs.
- Tim Burton’s “Lost Vegas” exhibit at the Neon Museum currently on display in Las Vegas. Seeing it in person may no longer be an option, but you can take a virtual visit.
● Historic Railroad Trail Virtual Experience.
● Lake Mead National Recreation Area virtual museum For a selection of high-resolution images for your use, click here
The Nevada Division of Tourism (Travel Nevada) is part of the Nevada Department of Tourism and Cultural Affairs. It promotes and markets Nevada as a tourism destination for domestic and international leisure and business travelers through its marketing and advertising programs and by coordinating partnerships between public and private entities. Travel Nevada also administers grant programs for local entities to market travel and tourism offerings and publishes Nevada Magazine.
Trade: For more information please contact: Corey Marshall at Canuckiwi on +64 21 555 463 or email email@example.com
Media: For more information please contact: Joanne Motta at Canuckiwi on +61 403 180751 or email firstname.lastname@example.org